Department of Chemistry
Characteristic Of The Field Of Study
First cycle studies of a practical profile are offered both as a full-time and extramural studies.
After completing the 1st year students choose one of the following specialisations:
- Applied Chemistry introduces students to the principles and methods connected with production of chemical compounds on an industrial scale. The activities proposed under this speciality show the wide applications of chemical achievements in the petrochemical industry, plastics, polymer technologies, nanotechnology, etc.
- Medical Chemistry has an interdisciplinary character combining elements of practical application of chemistry, biotechnology, microbiology and computer achievements. It opens up new opportunities for chemistry graduates by educating them on skills that enable them to develop their careers in an important and profitable chemical industry.
- Food Chemistry offers a practical approach to issues of food production, analysis, toxicology and hygiene. The course prepares graduates to carry out physicochemical analysis of food products and modern food additives, thereby equipping them with attractive competences from the point of view of future employers.
- Chemical Emergency offers a practical approach to the safety of technological processes and protection against the risks associated with toxic industrial agents and radioactive materials at the stage of their manufacture, transport, storage and use. Graduates will be prepared to undertake effective rescue operations in emergency situations resulting from the presence of substances that can cause fire, explosion, poisoning of people and animals, as well as contamination of the environment.
- Quality Control in Chemistry offers a hands-on approach to analytics and quality monitoring of industry products and learning about a variety of analytical techniques. It prepares graduates to carry out analyses of food and industrial products using modern apparatus, thus equipping them with competences attractive to future employers.
Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences
Department of Chemistry
First cycle studies of a practical profile are offered both as a full-time and extramural studies. After completing the 1st year students choose one of the following specialisations ...
Department of Mathematics
First cycle studies in mathematics with a practical profile take place in stationary mode (full-time, 6 semesters) and graduates obtain a bachelor’s degree. After completion of year one ...
Department of Environmental Protection
The environmental protection is offered as a full-time course with 6 semesters. After completing 1st year students can choose one of the following specialisation: • Renewable ...