Career, Projects and Cooperation Office
The main responsibilities of the office are:
- individual counselling in the field of planning and career development
- obligatory classes as part of the “Introduction to the labour market” module and non-obligatory workshops on various topics
- providing information on job offers, internships, placements and scholarships via a mailing database, website, social profile on FB and a notice board
- information meetings on new professions, industries, opportunities to go to work abroad under various programs for students and in the field of volunteering
- promotion of graduates among employers.
The University Library is a university-wide organizational unit serving the needs of learning and education. The library supports the teaching and research process of the University by collecting and sharing professional and scientific literature, journals and access to scientific information.
The library’s collection includes domestic and foreign scientific writings, mainly in the fields of knowledge that are the subject of teaching at UAS. The book collection is enriched with a large collection of scientific and industry periodicals, systematically extended thanks to the current subscription of over 100 Polish and foreign periodicals. In addition, the Library enables access to electronic sources and databases as well as other libraries and digital repositories.
More details is available at the library main page: https://biblioteka.pwsztar.edu.pl/
Student Hall (Dormitory)
The UAS dormitory in Tarnow is located at 7 Słowackiego Street, approx. 10 minutes’ walk from the University buildings. It has 170 places in high standard student rooms – each room is equipped with a bathroom. Students can use the Internet available in each room free of charge. Also, rooms for quiet study are available. There is also a laundry room with automatic washing machines and a drying room for the use of residents. There is a canteen at the Student Dormitory, where students can eat.
The laboratory base of the Department of Chemistry is a group of modern laboratories equipped with research equipment intended for use both during didactic classes and for the implementation of undergraduate theses and research projects.
The Chemical Laboratories Group consists of:
- Basic laboratories:
– Laboratory of general and inorganic chemistry
– Laboratory of organic chemistry
– Laboratory of physical chemistry and instrumental methods
- Measurement laboratory
- Chemical Preparation Laboratory
The Department of Automation and Robotics has three specialized laboratories:
- Laboratory of PLC controllers and SCADA systems
- Process automation laboratory
- Robotics and systems modelling laboratory
The laboratory base of the Department of Computer Science includes five specialized laboratories, three general computer laboratories and modelling lab. The laboratories include:
- Laboratory of Teleinformatics and Mobile Systems
- Computer Graphics Laboratory
- Database Laboratory
- Laboratory of Embedded Systems, Internet of Things, Vision Systems and Robotics
- Laboratory of Control and Automation Systems
- 3D Modelling Laboratory
- General computer lab X 3
Simulation centres of the Department of Physiotherapy include:
- Kinesitherapy lab
- Physiotherapy Lab
The University also has simulation rooms for our Nursing department.
Students can also make use of swimming pool located in building F or handball pitch and a climbing wall.